HomeFamilyContactReviewsMacaroni Kid

Monday, March 1, 2010

once in a blue moon....

Once in a blue moon I get to go out with my husband on a date! It always has to be planned in at least a month in advance. As the day starts to get close, you find yourself coming up with all these wonderful ideas of the things you are going to get to do, all of the couple time you will have, all of the kid-free things that are possible!

The girls are packed and ready to go.Everyone has gone potty and the husband and kids are packed in the car ready to go to Gigi and PapPaps. SILENCE! I LOVE IT!!! I get time to myself, at least I think thats what that was? For awhile I just sit. Then I pop on my blog and the next thing I know, its three hours later. I wasted my enitre "me" time on my blog doing absolutely nothing. and it felt great! No guilt, no interuptions, no spills to clean up!

THAT day finally came for me this past saturday. We got up with smiles on our faces and cooked a grandious breakfast for the girls. Little winks and pats on the butt were exchanged. Yay!! What a day this will be! He even let me pick out the movie! I picked Valentine's Day, totally a girly movie.....the next thing I know....we are at the Olive Garden fighting in front of the waitress....

It really stinks when you build up something SO much that when it doesn't turn out the way you want, it can ruin your entire week! My sunday was spent in bed avoiding my husband so we dont rehash things that were said the night before after a few glasses of wine and bottles of beer.


So here I find myself again. Wasting time on my blog...this time I have no date at the end of the evening, total guilt for not getting dinner started, and I think my daughter just threw her glass of apple juice at her sister. Here's to hoping my next "once in a blue moon" will have a better turn out!

8 comments:

Maria said...

We try to not plan too much. We also put our kids to bed way early and have our dates after they go to bed. Some food for thought to avoid the build up that will never live up...

So sorry that it was a bust!

Mandy P said...

I'm dying to hear more about this fight at Olive Garden...! =)

Betsy (zen-mama.com) said...

I'm so sorry it didn't work. You know we have a "morning meeting" where we get up a little earlier than our boys and talk about everything we're too tired to talk about at night. (I noticed you like coffee as much as I do!) Today we had lunch together.

Thanks for visiting my blog!! It's nice to have blogger friends to "talk" to!!

Jessica said...

Thanks ladies! I think I will have to incorporate those ideas! Ill keep you updated!

carissa said...

your family is so cute! it's a huge deal when there's a date night in the near future. sorry yours didn't go as well as planned. ; ) i'm your newest follower. thanks for visiting my blog!

Jenny said...

Oh I so remember the complications of dating my husband! Good for you that you're doing it!

Unknown said...

So true! Dates with googiedaddy are SOOOO rare...and then when they happen--well, we have a running joke that we somehow always seem to end up at Walmart! I guess its just easier to shop without munchkins underfoot. And me time generally does turn into a few wasted hours on the old bloggity blog! :-)

Mommyfriend Lori said...

Oh, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Our 10 year anniversary was so built up and then...bombed. I'm sorry, the disappointment is understandable...especially when your chances to have alone time happen once in a blue moon. If my hubby and I are lucky, we go on about 4 dates in a year and when they bomb, they really bomb. So sad. I don't want to be tacky (if it even is tacky, I dunno, I'm a new blogger) by posting a link to an article on my site, but Date Night is a big deal and I wrote about it. Thought you might enjoy. http://mommyfriend.com/2010/01/13/date-night.aspx