HomeFamilyContactReviewsMacaroni Kid

Thursday, May 27, 2010

What does memorial day mean to you?

Does it mean a day off of work? Does it mean that you are going to get that grill out for the first time begining grilling season? Does it mean summer is here?

Whatever meaning it has for you, please remember the meaning it has to millions of us Americans, our freedom and those precious hereos who fought to preserve it! No matter what your political views or what you think about war, today is a day to celebrate and give thanks to those who fight and have fought for your freedom!


To often we forget what the "Memorial" in Memorial Day stands for. It goes unreconized or ignored by too many of us who are the recipients of our fallen hereos sacrifice. The day comes and goes and we forget to observe the day as it should be, remembering our family members, loved ones, neighbors, friends and those who came before us!


My husband is a former Army soldier and I am so proud that he fought for me, and for YOU! I cannot image life with out my soldier and this weekend, I will remember his fellow soldiers and those soldiers who came before him. Not only was a my husband a solider, but so were both my grandfathers and my step-father. I can image this day is bittersweet for them as they all know too many soldiers who who gave up their lives to protect ours!


Please remember them today!


Now go have to some fun!!! Happy Memorial Day!




0 comments: